Respecting a few precautions for use and maintenance will allow you to keep your jewellery in perfect condition for a long time.
The precious stones and metals that make up your jewellery are delicate materials. Choose your jewellery according to your activities
Avoid wearing your jewellery in the following situations:
- When washing your hands, to avoid soap deposits getting into the gaps and tarnishing your jewellery.
- When doing activities that require the use of corrosive products (gardening, cleaning, washing up...), to avoid damaging the stones that adorn your jewellery.
- When practising sports activities to avoid shocks and scratches.
We also recommend avoiding:
- Exposing your jewellery to high heat: temperature variations can irreversibly damage the precious stones.
- wearing perfume or make-up while wearing your jewellery: the chemical ingredients contained in cosmetic products are harmful to certain
For all silver jewellery
Silver jewellery naturally oxidizes with air and humidity.
Occasional cleaning with a special cloth will keep the silver shiny and remove the oxidation.
In order to avoid oxidation as much as possible, keep your silver jewellery in a closed bag protected from the air.
For all jewellery covered with gold or silver
It is not advisable to wear jewellery while sleeping, swimming or doing sport. Also avoid contact with perfumes and cosmetics.
The patina tends to disappear over time. The speed with which it disappears depends on how well the jewellery is cared for. Fading patina is the result of perfectly normal natural wear and tear.
Always store your jewellery individually.
Be sure to protect your stones from bumps and scratches.